Argan oil (argania spinosa) is a nourishing and emollient oil with anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant rich properties and is known as “liquid gold.” Authentically sourced argan oil is native to southwestern Morocco and, for centuries, has been produced using traditional methods of extracting the oil-rich kernels from the argan nut, which is removed from the argan fruit that grows on argan trees in the UNESCO protected biosphere reserve. This precious oil has been used and admired for centuries, well-known for its healthy and beautifying benefits for skin, hair and nails.
It’s important to note that, while many companies claim their products contain pure organic argan oil, this is not always the case. There are many argan oil products out there on the market, and some only contain finite amounts of argan oil as an ingredient. Generally, it is purported that pure organic argan oil can contain 300% more tocopherols (Vitamin E) than products that contain argan oil as an ingredient.
1. Perhaps, the most commonly used way is to use your argan oil as a facial moisturizer for all skin types. Argan oil is well-known for its healing and restorative anti-aging, antioxidant-rich, and anti-inflammatory properties that heal and beautify skin naturally.
2. Facial massage benefits. Add a drop or two of your favorite organic essential oil. Massage and argan oils sebum balancing properties make this an ideal moisturizing oil for even oily and acne-prone skin types.
3. Use as a natural lip and eye make-up remover. Don’t worry about getting argan oil into your eyes or harming your delicate eye area. Nourish your eyes with twice the amount and three times the amount of linoleic acid of Vitamin E as olive oil. This emollient healing “liquid gold” oil is beneficial for diminishing fine lines and wrinkles like crow’s feet and laugh lines.
And, treat your lips to healthy nourishment as you hydrate, soothe, and condition with Vitamin A and Vitamin E. After a day or evening of lip-color wearing, get your lips back to their natural state.
4. Use as a natural lip conditioner and/or exfoliator.
Quick and Easy DIY recipe– add coffee grounds or rolled oats to some argan oil, and get rid of the dry “flakies,” as you moisturize and condition your smackers, naturally.
Tip: You can use this soothing exfoliator on your face and body, also.
5. Full body moisturizer. One of the most important steps in skincare routine is moisturizing your skin. Especially in the colder months, when nature’s elements can make your skin feel dry and scaly. And, every time you cleanse your skin and exfoliate, add the moisture back in, with a healthy natural glow.
Many moisturizers contain harsh additives and harmful chemicals that can actually have the opposite effect, stripping the moisture from your skin and disrupting the balance.
6. Use as a massage oil. Add your favorite essential oils. Whether it’s a full body massage, back massage, face massage, or hands and feet massage, using argan oil as a massage oil can be a very pampering spa treatment-like experience.
Apply gentle pressure, and learn some of the reflexology points in your ears, hands, and feet to get the maximum health benefits out of this treatment. Treat yourself to DIY massage with argan oil, or treat someone you love with a spa-like experience. Here are some tips on DIY massage.
7. Brighten and condition your tattoos, naturally. Maintain the beauty of your body art, and give argan oil as a gift this season to someone special who wants to keep their skin and tattoos healthy and beautiful. The health and beauty benefits of pure organic argan oil are many.
8. Scalp massage- stimulates healthy hair growth and helps increase circulation for a healthier scalp and hair. Have dandruff? Try adding a few drops of tea tree oil. Enjoy the soothing scent of lavender for a relaxing experience or the uplifting scent of eucalyptus for an invigorating experience. Here are some ideas for different essential oils and some of their properties and benefits.
9. Hot Oil Hair Treatment- heat up oil (not too hot; please be careful), and add to your scalp and hair from the roots to the ends. Then, wrap with a warm towel (optional), and let condition for several hours or overnight.
Tip 1: While you wait, you can add some healthy nourishment to your cuticles and nails, with a hand or foot massage.
Tip 2: Wash and condition your hair, and add a few drops of your argan oil to your shampoo and/or conditioner for an ultra-hydrating experience.
10. Leave-in Conditioner- apply a few drops of argan oil to damp, towel-dried hair from roots to ends, and comb through using a wide tooth comb.
Tip: Adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil can be a scent-sational experience as your hair dries, naturally.
11. Soften, smooth, and add some shine by using argan oil as a styling serum. Calm down those out-of-control frizzies and tame those wild fly-aways. Smooth a few drops over clean, dry hair, after rubbing together in the palms of your hands. Works well as a finishing serum to help add some polish to your favorite style.
Recover from the winter stresses and repair hair damage from heat styling tools, as you take a break from beauty products with chemicals. And, let your hair breathe, recover and repair, naturally.
12. Want to strengthen your delicate, brittle nails, but hesitant to try a nail strengthener with toxic chemicals?
Here is a pure, natural, healthy alternative: 1 drop of argan oil can go a long way, and depending on the size of your nails, sometimes you can distribute 1 drop throughout all 5 of your nails on each hand or foot.
13. Cuticle R and R…Repair those dry, damaged cuticles. Massage this “liquid gold” nourishing oil into your cuticles, after pushing them back. Enjoy or give a DIY manicure/pedicure. Notice a difference in the way your fingernails and toenails look and feel, sans polish and with.
14. Oh, baby! Argan oil is a great natural moisturizer for babies’ skin. Please skip that baby oil or any type of moisturizer that contains harsh chemicals and additives that can be harmful to your baby’s health. And, combat your baby’s diaper rash, with a healthy source of essential fatty acids (80% unsaturated fatty acids), squalene, carotenes, sterols, phenols, vitamins, and antioxidants.
15. Help heal and improve cellulite and stretch marks, by massaging argan oil into these areas regularly. The tocopherols (Vitamin E) in pure organic argan oil, which is 2 times the amount in olive oil, acts as a free-radical scavenger, helps the skin absorb other nutrients and retain moisture balance, and promotes healing for damaged skin.
Tip: Exfoliation can also be helpful to keep your skin healthy and happy, and your whole body can benefit from dry skin brushing. Gently brush your skin or exfoliate before you apply your argan oil.
16. Helps heal scars and burns. Rich in nutrients, Omega 6 and Omega 9, Vitamin A and E, prostaglandin, ferulic acid, and many other nourishing and healing elements, pure organic argan oil is ideal for scars and burns and can help prevent scarring.
17. Soothe irritating bug bites and insect stings. Those pesky critters bites’ and stings’ can range widely from uncomfortable to painful and problematic.
Argan oil’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties will help soothe and improve your bite or sting and should help tone down the redness, irritation, and itchiness or stinging. The squalene in pure organic argan oil helps your skin retain its moisture and acts as an antioxidant, protecting from free-radical damage.
Tip: Better not forget this bottle when you take your next hike or go on a camping trip!
BEAUTY-IN-A-BOTTLE DOES-IT-ALL FOR YOUR SKIN, HAIR, & NAILS – Multiple Healing Benefits for Face & Body – Nourish & Restore Skin’s Moisture Balance for a Healthy, Natural Glow – Protect Against The Elements & Repair Damaged Skin – Improve Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Bug Bites, Acne Scars & Much More
- ANTI-AGING: TURN BACK THE CLOCK WITH THIS ANCIENT BEAUTY SECRET – Twice the Amount of Vitamin E as Olive Oil to Help Restore Skin’s Natural Health – Moisturize for a More Youthful Radiant Glow – Keep Skin Soft & Smooth – Minimize Fine Lines and Wrinkles – Hydrate Dry Skin – Soothe Chapped Lips & Sun-Damaged Skin
- REPAIR HAIR & NAILS, NATURALLY – TAME OUT-OF-CONTROL FRIZZIES, FLY-AWAYS, & STRESSED TRESSES – Strengthen Hair’s Cuticle, Repair Damaged Split Ends – Add Natural Shine Without Weighing Hair Down – Nourish & Condition Dry, Cracked Cuticles & Brittle Nails
Subscribe to Voila Natural’s Enewsletter for Special Offers, Product Discounts & Bonuses, and Tips on Health & Beauty